In order to keep leaks at a minimum and to ensure that your home lasts for a long time. It does not matter what kind of roof you have or how durable the materials are. You may extend the life of your roof, even if you recently had it repaired or replaced, by following these simple suggestions.
Roof Repair Is A Must
When there are no obvious signs of damage or leaks, most people automatically assume it’s in good condition. Roofs are often overlooked, and tend to be the most neglected part of the home. Most people will not have their roof checked out unless there has been some sort of damage- either hail, major storm, etc. Gutter vegetation such as vines, leaves, and twigs can become overgrown.
- If a decade has passed since your roof was put on.
- Inspections and minor repair damage to the roof are crucial to avoid more serious problems. Having clogged gutters can cause water to back up into your home’s foundation which can cause leaks and cracks.Leaving those alone can end up resulting in major damage, which will raise the cost of your roof replacement and cost of additional repairs.
Hire a professional or inspect the roof yourself?
Hiring a professional roof inspector can help you avoid problems like flashing damage surface wear, and overall degradation. Some examples of flashing damage are looking at the material that was used to cover gaps around a chimney, skylights, and vents. Surface wear is looking at the material used to cover your roof’s perimeter. You can use Lifetime Roof and Solar to determine whether or not your roof needs repair or replaced in order to withstand the elements.
Roof Maintenance Services Include:
- Inspecting your roof from all angles and heights by using an HD camera mounted to a drone.
- The condition of your roof, & the information on what needs to be repaired.
- If you ever have a problem with your roof, you can get it fixed quickly and affordably.
- A roof replacement may be required if an insurance claim is needed.
- You should address any questions or concerns you have before filing an insurance claim.
- If you are in desperate need of a new roof, but your insurance will not cover it, we offer a variety of roof financing options.
When we are assessing your roof materials, we consider the age of your roof. Some roofing materials can last for decades if they are cared for properly. For example, a tile roof is more expensive up front, but they are long lasting once its installed. Tile roofs can last up to 60 years if cared for properly, and they are strong and environmentally friendly.